Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es> Mon, 17 December 2007 17:32 UTC

DKIM-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nowsp; d=consulintel.es; s=MDaemon; t=1197916182; x=1198520982; i=jordi.palet@consulintel.es; q=dns; h=DomainKey-Signature:Received:User-Agent:Date:Subject:From:To: Message-ID:Thread-Topic:Thread-Index:In-Reply-To:Mime-version: Content-type:Content-transfer-encoding:Reply-To; b=BbbTwxzfTQo6Mv HFnyd6lkwtR9zn59dklNHi8gVHstKMPov21qpLkifSVW6w2J+gLWx98rzQ3PCtFn 18WTuYgIIrPkDUwBgzLSHOJj9QoR8sw2qe4khQQcbENSmoOEmsTxT0+TFwAUDpZk XatDrDMOBGt7nzlaFDcA+u7HGEdds=
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:32:36 -0300
From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>
To: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

Command line works with any service pack. An alternative that works, I
recall starting with SP1, was going to network connections -> local area
connection (or any network interface), properties, install->protocol and
then one of the choices is IPv6.

This may be helpful:

http://www.arin.net/meetings/minutes/ARIN_XX/PDF/sunday/IPv6-startup_eng_v5_
1.pdf

By the way, when you install IPv6, if IE has any open window, you need to
restart IE in order to be able to browse with IPv6.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Dave Crocker <dhc2@dcrocker.net>
> Organización: Brandenburg InternetWorking
> Responder a: <dcrocker@bbiw.net>
> Fecha: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:02:01 -0800
> Para: <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>
> CC: <ietf@ietf.org>
> Asunto: Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary
>

> JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>> I'm not sure to understand what is the problem. This has been used by tons
>> of people !
>

> The problem is that I am but a lowly user, trying to follow the instructions
> provided by Microsoft, and they don't work.  I am therefore asking for
> alternative instructions that do.
>
> If using the command window is the only reasonable path that works for XP,
> then thanks for the point.  I'm suspecting there is one that is a bit more
> user friendly...
>
> d/
>
> --
>
>    Dave Crocker