Re: A sad farewell

Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org> Fri, 06 November 2020 00:10 UTC

From: Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: A sad farewell
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 13:09:58 +1300
Cc: Pete Resnick <resnick@episteme.net>, IETF <ietf@ietf.org>
To: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
References: <b0ca070f-dd1f-1b8d-940c-7e4c57ea8393@cisco.com> <5fa3ffbe.1c69fb81.a621e.78ba@mx.google.com> <MN2PR15MB3103C6573396210E2CA7274D97EE0@MN2PR15MB3103.namprd15.prod.outlook.com> <E971F6B0-EFF1-4E1D-8CCB-80FA7FEB722D@gmail.com> <20201105174127.GF1750809@mit.edu> <6f1fcd3a-c3cf-a9a7-7aaf-af327d337f43@mnt.se> <CAKq15vcBBGhwAd76LEQDhEa+e1XcTr2HGnmJw9J9y9znbjFMAw@mail.gmail.com> <174AC0A1-77B5-4B6B-AD9D-7C9FB6023BC1@episteme.net> <CAKq15vc947QrG0KgTdP2kiLpE_8YXbEWMZfyFqaGRdJ4me-Mxg@mail.gmail.com>

> On 6/11/2020, at 1:03 PM, Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org> wrote:
>
> which group in IETF or the LLC or ISOC or whatever is chartered to discuss such long-term issues, though? It's out of scope for SHMOO, Is IETF committed to having a unique (bespoke, open-source?) toolchain?
> I think IETF toolchains should meet the old standard for standards: multiple, independent, interoperable implementations.  Multiple = more than one = not bespoke (unless you mean that term in some other way?

The Tools Architecture and Strategy Team.  https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/tools-arch/about/ <https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/tools-arch/about/>

Jay

--
Jay Daley