Re: [ipwave] draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-00 ETSI CAM and IP

José Santa Lozano <josesanta@um.es> Mon, 13 February 2017 09:49 UTC

From: José Santa Lozano <josesanta@um.es>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:48:59 +0100
To: Jérôme Härri <jerome.haerri@eurecom.fr>
Cc: Alexandre Petrescu <alexandre.petrescu@gmail.com>, its@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [ipwave] draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-00 ETSI CAM and IP

Dear Jerome, Alex,

Thanks for the clarification.

Given these points, and considering that probably in the future CAM could be transmitted over IPv6, one option would be not to say anything about CAM in the draft. At the moment, I think CAM are only cited when talking about the traffic that cannot be packetized with IPv6. According to your points, it appears that it is not explicitly prohibited to use CAM over IPv6 in the ETSI standards, so this could be more appropriate than the initial text.

Regards,

Jose.