Re: [Jmap] Submission

Mads Hjorth <madsh@digst.dk> Tue, 25 April 2017 07:36 UTC

From: Mads Hjorth <madsh@digst.dk>
To: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
CC: John Levine <johnl@taugh.com>, "jmap@ietf.org" <jmap@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 07:36:21 +0000
Subject: Re: [Jmap] Submission

I agree in the ambition to make a better mail experience :-) and in the principle of keeping protocols open and modular.

Some of the main issues with the current mail experience is its lack of evidence of senders ID and delivery.

A lot of organizations are looking into this.

European Telecommunications Standards Institute has published a standard on Registered Electronic Mail (ETSI TS 102 640-1).

Maybe this framework could be used to clarify the future role of JMAP e.g. does it cover the requirement of both a Sender-Message Submission Interface and Sender-Message Store Retrieval Interface.

So… maybe prepare JMAP to help organizations go from email to registered email?

/madsh