Re: [weirds] Scope and guiding principles (was Re: I-D Action: draft-hollenbeck-dnrd-ap-query-00.txt)

Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@icann.org> Fri, 04 May 2012 13:04 UTC

From: Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@icann.org>
To: Peter Koch <pk@denic.de>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 06:04:37 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "weirds@ietf.org" <weirds@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [weirds] Scope and guiding principles (was Re: I-D Action: draft-hollenbeck-dnrd-ap-query-00.txt)

I'm reminded of the Pirate's Code (Pirates of the Caribbean):

"There more like guidelines".

If I understand the original suggestion, we want a successor that has the features required and implemented today by registries and registrars. And we want extensibility to accommodate features that may be required in the future or are implemented by folks other than registries/registrars implement today.

The line doesn't have to be sharply defined in the guidelines.

Does anyone doubt that the parties to this list won't serve as satisfactory filters to assure that self-sharpening blades don't work their way into the drafts?

This said, I'm OK with proceeding as suggested.