Re: [codec] WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com> Mon, 04 January 2010 16:58 UTC

From: Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 17:57:56 +0100
To: Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam@gmail.com>
Cc: codec@ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org, kre@munnari.oz.au, ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [codec] WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

We actually already have done work in this area, RFC 3951.

What I think you say is that it in the IETF is hard to do work starting with a white sheet of paper. And I agree with that. I do though think that is not something special for IETF as an SDO, and I do specifically not think that is specific for this kind of work.

   Patrik