Re: [codec] WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com> Fri, 08 January 2010 23:14 UTC

Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 18:14:46 -0500
From: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>
Cc: codec@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [codec] WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

Good improvement.  I'd go a slide bit further:

    Although this preference cannot guarantee that the working
    group will produce an unencumbered codec, the working group shall
    follow BCP 79, and adhere to the spirit of BCP 79.  The working
    group cannot explicitly rule out the possibility of adapting
    encumbered technologies; however, the working group will try to
    avoid encumbered technologies that would hinder free
    redistribution in any way.

Russ