Re: [codec] WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin@octasic.com> Fri, 08 January 2010 17:30 UTC

Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 15:13:00 -0500
From: Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin@octasic.com>
To: Stephan Wenger <stewe@stewe.org>
Cc: codec@ietf.org, Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>, ietf@ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [codec] WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

Hi,

I'm not sure royalties are the *least* of out problems, but I certainly
agree with Stephan that annoyances go further than just royalties. I
understand that BCP79 restricts what we can say about that in the charter,
but at least mentioning the problem as Stephan suggests is a good idea IMO.
In some sense, this is again part of the "making it easy to redistribute".

	Jean-Marc