Re: [codec] WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

Daniel Petrie <dpetrie@sipez.com> Wed, 13 January 2010 17:54 UTC

Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:54:12 -0800
From: Daniel Petrie <dpetrie@sipez.com>
To: 'Alexander Chemeris' <Alexander.Chemeris@sipez.com>, Christian Hoene <hoene@uni-tuebingen.de>
Cc: codec@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [codec] WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

While we are discussing conferencing, I would like to add my wish list of requirements:

I would want the following information included in the RTP packet so that I can do speaker selection on the streams without having to have the expense of decoding them and run the algorithms to calculate these values.  This is useful in all 3 of Christian's conferencing scenarios.

1) Voice activity indication (minimally binary, ideally magnitude)
2) gain control either already applied or a multiplier to apply to achieve a consistent gain.
3) Energy level