RE: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria

"Ed Juskevicius" <edj@nortel.com> Wed, 19 October 2005 18:30 UTC

Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:29:44 -0400
From: Ed Juskevicius <edj@nortel.com>
To: dcrocker@bbiw.net
Cc: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: RE: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

The "ideal" venue (if there is such a thing) would enable both:
- good participation from WG primary contributors AND
- lots of local participation

The second factor is important, imho, because a fraction of local
newbies are going to be impressed by their IETF experience, and will
want to participate again in the future.  The may well become primary
contributors themselves down the road.

Regards,

Ed Juskevicius
edj@nortel.com