Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es> Sat, 22 October 2005 17:23 UTC

Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:42:33 -0700
From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>
To: "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Jari,

Just a couple of questions/clarifications here (rest in separate threads).

Regarding the meals, the point is to make sure that the people have a place
to have it, even if combined with on-site delivered food. I'm not sure if
the document should talk about the exact schedule, but for sure we need
something like:

"In order to provide the best conditions for the meals and according to
previous experience, the meeting schedule should be appropriately adjusted
to the local habits".

Regarding to insurance, the point here is that it seems never has been done
or at least documented any required insurance, not as individuals, but as
the meeting organization itself. This is extremely important to avoid any
kind of responsibilities from the IETF organization and could change from
country to country. So is important to have a explicit warning to be
considered by each host/IETF responsible people (IAD/chair/others).

I've never seen the evacuation plan in a conference, and probably is there,
but if we haven't seen it, it will be worth to avoid risks having it
conveniently delivered to all the participants (with the registration
package seems to be the most appropriate way).

Regarding the cancellation, the document doesn't say if it is being done
correctly or not, but is not documented and I think is an important point.
What happens if there is any kind of reason which forces to cancel a
meeting. Are the fees being reimbursed or not ? Are the attendees
compensated for the non-refundable flights, etc.

If you believe all this is not clear in the document, please let me know so
I can work out some additional text to make sure is properly understood.

Regards,
Jordi

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit