Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria

Avri Doria <avri@acm.org> Fri, 14 October 2005 20:06 UTC

From: Avri Doria <avri@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:06:11 -0400
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@sun.com>
Cc: "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

Hi,

It certainly makes sense to reword it for a pattern of difficulty or
exclusion.

On any of these criteria, since this is the IETF, it might make sense
to subject them to rough consensus criteria.  I.e a country that is
being considered for a future meeting could be vetted on the IETF list.

Or they could be rephrased as guidelines to the IAD and IAOC assuming
that they could use a reasonable participant criteria (similar to the
reasonable man rule used in jurisprudence) for judging whether sites
meet these criteria, with the IETF ready to comment once they make
their recommendations.

a.