RE: [Ltru] Re: Proposal: include new "Language-Type:" field

"McDonald, Ira" <imcdonald@sharplabs.com> Mon, 09 October 2006 22:01 UTC

From: "McDonald, Ira" <imcdonald@sharplabs.com>
To: ltru@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Ltru] Re: Proposal: include new "Language-Type:" field
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:52:08 -0700

Hi,

How about attacking this proposal based on facts, rather than
unrelated topics or grumpiness (not in good taste, Marion)?

draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-00.txt gives advice based on the type
of the ISO 639-3 language code.  What possible reason is
there to say "that's the problem of the user to research",
when it's fundamental to the rationale behind every code
in ISO 639-3?

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc