RE: [Ltru] Proposal: include new "Language-Type:" field

"McDonald, Ira" <imcdonald@sharplabs.com> Wed, 04 October 2006 16:50 UTC

From: "McDonald, Ira" <imcdonald@sharplabs.com>
To: 'John Cowan' <cowan@ccil.org>, ltru@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Ltru] Proposal: include new "Language-Type:" field
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 09:50:17 -0700

+1

While I agree with Mark that this won't help much with
reducing the size of the "pick list", the Language
Subtag Registry is intended to be a _free-standing_
and comprehensive source of language tag elements
and the distinction of 'collection' seems important.

Despite the FDIS usage of the thoroughly opaque term
'Language-Type', I'd suggest that this field (if added)
be called 'Language-Status' (as John speculated below).

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839