Re: [mmox] Creating walled gardens considered harmful

"zedmaster" <zedmaster@zedrock.com> Fri, 27 March 2009 23:14 UTC

From: zedmaster <zedmaster@zedrock.com>
To: mmox@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 23:15:28 -0000
Subject: Re: [mmox] Creating walled gardens considered harmful

As one of the developers of those VR systems in the early 90's, I would like
to add that the work wasn't totally 'abortive', as (some of) those early VR
systems continue to exist and operate today - they didnt bother with
standardisation i.e. they found a niche and stuck at what they were good at
!!
-dirk