Re: [rtcweb] Call for Consensus Regarding Selecting Recommended Audio Codecs

<Markus.Isomaki@nokia.com> Mon, 31 December 2012 11:28 UTC

From: Markus.Isomaki@nokia.com
To: adam@nostrum.com, tterriberry@mozilla.com
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 11:28:40 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.21.81.37]
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Call for Consensus Regarding Selecting Recommended Audio Codecs

Hi,

Actually, I think both Tim and Adam have good points below. RFC 2119 style RECOMMENDED or SHOULD is perhaps too strong. I don't have a problem if we just list the most relevant non-MTI codecs and give guidance why it would be beneficial to support them.

So far a few people have brought up AMR/AMR-WB and G.722 with relatively clear arguments. iLBC and AAC-LD have been mentioned too, but I think their benefits have not been as well clarified so far.

Markus