Re: [rtcweb] Call for Consensus Regarding Selecting Recommended Audio Codecs

<stephane.proust@orange.com> Fri, 11 January 2013 13:18 UTC

From: stephane.proust@orange.com
To: Koen Vos <koen.vos@skype.net>, Steve Sokol <ssokol@digium.com>, "Cullen Jennings (fluffy)" <fluffy@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:17:57 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.197.38.2]
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Call for Consensus Regarding Selecting Recommended Audio Codecs

Koen Vos wrote:
> In short: there are IPR issues with the PLC required for using G.722 on the Internet.

NO, PLC solutions for G.722 with no IPR issues are publicly available in ITU-T Software Tool Library

http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-G.191-201003-I

8. G.722: The ITU-T 64, 56, and 48 kbit/s wideband speech coding algorithm 73

8.1.3 Functional description of the basic Packet Loss Concealment functionality 80

Stéphane