Re: [hrpc] Censorship

avri <avri@doria.org> Fri, 11 March 2022 15:53 UTC

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 10:52:39 -0500
To: hrpc@irtf.org
From: avri <avri@doria.org>
Subject: Re: [hrpc] Censorship

Hi,

Speaking for myself and not any organization i might be involved with,
&c, I find the document an intriguing idea that should get further work.
At this point the main thing that concerns me is the basis and strength
of its multistakeholder claims, but that is something that could be
fixed, and is not a topic for HRPC as far as I can tell.

As for it fitting into this group, while that seems slight stretch, one
thing that has been discussed in the group at various times is the
question of whether the HR Considerations only pertain to protocol
creation or whether they extend to the implementation, deployment, and
operation of those protocols. If the group accepts that protocol
considerations extend beyond the creation of the protocol, then
discussion of the HR consideration aspect of this proposal would seem to
me to be fit as a research worthy goal for the HRPC.

avri