Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

Joel jaeggli <joelja@bogus.com> Mon, 23 April 2012 07:05 UTC

Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 00:04:52 -0700
From: Joel jaeggli <joelja@bogus.com>
To: Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com>
Subject: Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets
Cc: "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>

On 4/22/12 23:54 , Yoav Nir wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2012, at 9:00 AM, Joel jaeggli wrote:
>
>> On 4/22/12 22:45 , Robert Raszuk wrote:
>>> Joel,

>>> WG meeting title and name or email address.
>>>
>>> Nothing more helpful for recruiters to get hold of such list and
>>> start spamming with job offers in given area of technology.
>>
>> The participants are readily identifiable already.
>
> Effort matters. If getting that data requires a subpoena, or if it
> requires a formal letter from a lawyer, or if it's available on the
> website, these are different things. I'm with Tobias on this.
>
>> But that wasn't my question. What data on the blue sheet is
>> personal?
>
> It says where I was, and at what time, and it's nobody's business.

in the context of the meeting it is in fact the purpose of the blue sheet.

   All working group actions shall be taken in a public forum, and wide
   participation is encouraged. A working group will conduct much of its
   business via electronic mail distribution lists but may meet
   periodically to discuss and review task status and progress, to
   resolve specific issues and to direct future activities.  IETF
   Plenary meetings are the primary venue for these face-to-face working
   group sessions, and it is common (though not required) that active
   "interim" face-to-face meetings, telephone conferences, or video
   conferences may also be held.  Interim meetings are subject to the
   same rules for advance notification, reporting, open participation,
   and process, which apply to other working group meetings.

   All working group sessions (including those held outside of the IETF
   meetings) shall be reported by making minutes available.  These
   minutes should include the agenda for the session, an account of the
   discussion including any decisions made, and a list of attendees.