[Netext] next steps for netext

w52006 at huawei.com (Yungui Wang) Tue, 07 April 2009 03:44 UTC

From: "w52006 at huawei.com"
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 11:44:50 +0800
Subject: [Netext] next steps for netext

Hello

Here are two comments.

1, Basically, I agree with Rajeev's view there may need a requirement
document/section for 'modified host' if it happens (or is needed). In my
mind, RFC5213 refered mobile node is a general IP node, which is JUST not
required to participate in any IP mobility related signaling for achieving
mobility. It means two things:
i) we should avoid to define special mobile signalling on PMIPv6 mobile
node;
ii) we do not exclude that PMIPv6 solution is using PMIPv6 mobile node's
general L2/L3 signalling or its extension(, although which may lead to some
modifications on host). In fact, RFC5213 has implicitly used such
signalling, for example, value of Handoff Indicator Option is coming from
attach type in 3GPP/WiMAX.

2, Further, following node's capability enhancement, there reflects some
limitations in basis RFC5213 spec for multihoming support, such as absence
of flow mobility, only per-interface-prefix model supported, etc.
Fortunately, some drafts/guys are focusing on that. In this instance, I
think, it is valuable to catch them into the scope of Netext charter.

Regards.
Yungui