[Netext] next steps for netext

cjbc at it.uc3m.es ( Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano ) Tue, 07 April 2009 11:06 UTC

From: "cjbc at it.uc3m.es"
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 13:06:55 +0200
Subject: [Netext] next steps for netext

Hi Tele,

Comments below,

2009/4/6 MELIA TELEMACO <Telemaco.Melia at alcatel-lucent.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I think that at this point a pragmatic approach would probably help in solving some of the controversial issues.
> IETF specified 5213 and as such should also specify how hosts are supposed to behave in a PMIPv6 domain.
> This should include:
> - MN to MAG interface: we had, for instance, such a document in Netlmm. It seems that L2 and L3 solutions are being discussed again, we need to document them in an Informational document

Agree it would be useful to have an informational document explaining
what mechanisms are out there that could be useful for the MAG to
interact to the MN (this does not imply new protocols/changes on the
MN).

> - Multihoming in PMIPv6: it seems clear there are attractive scenarios people are willing to explore. Again let's capture all of this in an informational document.

Agree, I think there are some interesting scenarios involving
multi-interfaced MNs. I think work on multi-interfaced MNs should be
on the charter, but if people think it's to early to work on
solutions/the problem is not clear, we may start by documenting the
scenarios and related problems in an informational document.

Carlos