Re: [73attendees] Attendance by country

"Mary Barnes" <mary.barnes@nortel.com> Thu, 04 December 2008 19:10 UTC

Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 14:06:29 -0500
From: Mary Barnes <mary.barnes@nortel.com>
To: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com>, hallam@gmail.com, 73attendees@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [73attendees] Attendance by country
Sender: 73attendees-bounces@ietf.org

For me being in North America, I still would not fuss about the European
meetings with sessions on Friday - in the past, I either take a hop to a
European city on Fri nite where I get a direct flight the next morning
(Sat) and get home in the afternoon/early evening on Sat, thus missing
only one extra day from home.  And, this includes arriving one day
earlier. However, I personally find that one additional day is nice to
get over the jetlag and see the city (particularly since we've been to
some great ones).   Also, even for folks from NA, there is likely not a
consistent position - for east coast folks - the travel time is
virtually identical to western Europe/UK as it is for West Coast.

So, I do agree, perhaps on average folks lose an extra day when they
travel outside their own country, there are pros and cons either way and
it's clear from this thread, that is completely impossible to please
everyone. It is completely and totally YMMV and very, very individual.

Mary.