Re: [113attendees] hybrid meetings: the worst of both worlds

Joris Baum <joris@audriga.com> Fri, 25 March 2022 15:44 UTC

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 16:44:36 +0100
To: 113attendees@ietf.org
From: Joris Baum <joris@audriga.com>
Subject: Re: [113attendees] hybrid meetings: the worst of both worlds

Hi,

I was in the same situation. This was my first on-site IETF and I took
part in the IETF since 109. You summed it up quite nicely!

I just had a weird idea I wanted to share. Even though the remote
hallway discussion experience will probably always be a bit lacking
behind, maybe one way to improve this is to have something like "gather
areas" on-site. Something like a bridge between virtual and on-site. An
open space in the hallway with a mic and a big screen where people from
on-site and gather could talk to each other without a big communication
barrier.

Regards,

Joris

--
Joris Baum
Tel: +49 721 170293 16

http://www.audriga.com | http://www.twitter.com/audriga

audriga GmbH | Alter Schlachthof 57 | 76137 Karlsruhe
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe - Amtsgericht Mannheim - HRB 713034
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Frank Dengler, Dr.-Ing. Hans-Jörg Happel