Re: [v6ops] Thoughts about wider operational input

Chongfeng Xie <xiechf@chinatelecom.cn> Wed, 23 March 2022 01:56 UTC

Sender: xiechf@chinatelecom.cn
From: Chongfeng Xie <xiechf@chinatelecom.cn>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 09:56:22 +0800
Cc: IPv6 Ops WG <v6ops@ietf.org>
To: Fred Baker <fredbaker.ietf@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [v6ops] Thoughts about wider operational input

I think the problem is that there is a gap between enterprises and what IETF is doing, generally, enterprise needs a solution which may consist of multiple technologies, to update their network or system,  but IETF produces many relatively scattered technologies in the form of standards or informational documents.  These standards may be systematically organized in IETF,  but they are not equal to solutions for enterprise, sometimes they touch a specific requirement of enterprise, but in most cases they don’t. In order to attract the participation of enterprises, it is better to arrange the technologies from the perspective and tell the enterprises what advantages IPv6 can bring to them and how to upgrade their network with IPv6. If they feel the output of IETF is close to their network, information system or production, they will have interest to join.

Best regards
Chongfeng